Saturday, November 22, 2008

Forgotten Prayers: Ejaculations

Get your mind out of the gutter. Ejaculations -- also called aspirations or invocations -- are very short prayers. Many come from Scripture. Here are some ejaculations:

God, have mercy on me, a sinner!

Blessed be the Name of the Lord! (Reparation for blasphemy)

O Heart of Jesus, burning with love for us, inflame our hearts with love for Thee.

My Lord and my God. (John 20:28)

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph.

Jesus, Mary, Joseph, I give you my heart and my soul. Jesus, Mary, Joseph, assist me in my last agony. Jesus, Mary, Joseph, may I sleep and rest in peace with you.

May the Most Blessed Sacrament be praised and adored forever.

Stay with us, O Lord. (Luke 24:29)

Mother of Sorrows, pray for us.

My Mother, my Hope.

Hail, O Cross, our only hope.

Merciful Lord Jesus, grant them everlasting rest.

Blessed be God!

Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto thine! (Roman Ritual)

My Jesus, mercy!

O Mary, conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to thee! (The Miraculous Medal prayer)

Sacred Heart of Jesus, I trust in Thee!

Sacred Heart of Jesus, Thy kingdom come!

Sweet Heart of Jesus, be my love!

Holy Trinity, one God, have mercy on us!

From all sin deliver me, O Lord!

Jesus and Mary, we love you, save souls!

4 comments:

  1. And remember, "A partial indulgence is granted to the faithful who, in the performance of their duties and in bearing the trials of life, raise their mind with humble confidence to God, adding -- even if only mentally -- some pious invocation."

    Even if we think we don't need indulgences, the poor souls in purgatory do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And this is the month of the Poor Souls; if I'm not mistaken, you can gain a plenary indulgence for the Souls in Purgatory by praying for them at a cemetery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The most popular one in the Odox Church: Lord Jesus Christ, son of God, have mercy on me (a sinner).

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of my favourites is: For the love of Jesus and Mary and the relief of the suffering souls -Usually prayed when something disagreeable happens to me!:0)

    ReplyDelete