Saturday, September 26, 2009

Quote of the Post-Vatican II Era

"Latin is not reserved for experts! Every bum and prostitute in ancient Rome spoke Latin!"

Fr. Reginald Foster, O.C.D., the Church's premier Latinist



For more on this remarkable Carmelite priest, click here. Pray for his continued recovery from grave illness.

Prayer of St. Jerome, Latin Master and Doctor of the Church

O Lord, show your mercy to me and gladden my heart. I am like the man on the way to Jericho who was overtaken by robbers, wounded and left for dead. O Good Samaritan, come to my aid, I am like the sheep that went astray. O Good Shepherd, seek me out and bring me home in accord with your will. Let me dwell in your house all the days of my life and praise you for ever and ever with those who are there.

2 comments: