...as if we needed more beyond his radical leftism, his suport of infanticide, his colossal ignorance, his staggering stupidity, his nutjob cohorts, and his appeal to people who specialize in Soviet-style art.
Now we are favored with World Opinion, which favors Obama over McCain. According to ABC News, 23,531 responded to a BBC poll in on the question of preferred candidates for the American presidency in Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, Egypt, France, Germany, India, Indonesia, Italy, Kenya, Lebanon, Mexico, Nigeria, Panama, the Philippines, Poland, Russia, Singapore, Turkey, the UAE, Britain and the United States. The majority of respondents in each of these countries apparently favors Obama, and thinks U.S. relations with the rest of the world will improve if he is elected.
In other words, "the world," as represented by the respondents to this poll who hope Obama gets elected, wish the worst for a nation that:
- Produces enough food to feed itself and the rest of the world.
- Makes it possible for many of the above countries to sleep peacefully at night without fear of foreign invasion, and without having to contribute significantly to their own defense.
- Rushes, with the most up-to-the-minute rescue and medical technology, to the scenes of natural disasters in countries utterly incapable of coping on their own.
- Has given back territory captured in war (e.g., Okinawa, Iwo Jima and other territory wrested from the Axis powers in World War II), and rebuilt conquered nations (e.g., Japan, Germany).
- Twice, in the last hundred years, saved Europe from aggressive tyrants.
- Takes in refugees from oppression in other countries.
- Tolerates effronteries and insults from pipsqueak nations that, if directed at the Soviet Union, might have resulted in Soviet tanks rolling over the borders of said pipsqueak nations.
So we give a silver-plated rat's ass who the rest of the world wants in our White House...why?